Becoming a Yoga Instructor

An incredible experience 

In order to become a certified Yoga Instructor through Yoga Bharati, you have to:
  1. Attend eight hours of instruction per week for twelve weeks (That's 96 hours)
  2. Go on a yoga retreat for 2 days and one night (Camping in the woods)
  3. Teach a class for 30 hours over the course of 4 months
  4. Write a 25-page report
Seems daunting at first, but little by little I accomplished all of it.

1. Attending the instruction was so difficult at first. I had to wake up at 6:30am every weekend! But soon, I got to know my classmates and I began to like the lessons. Some parts were pretty interesting.

2. The yoga retreat was by far my favorite part. Though I usually don't like camping, I'm really glad that I got to have this wonderful experience.

I also got to see some pretty cool wildlife.

3. Teaching a class was a period of transformation for me. As a student, I see teachers everyday, but only after this, do I really appreciate what they do. Along with understanding all the material, it takes incredible confidence and dedication in order to teach a class.

4. As for the report...
I was freaked out! How on Earth could I possibly write twenty-five entire pages??!?!?!??!
Of course, soon I realized that worrying would get me nowhere. I had to persevere and get to it! 
This step is the hardest thing to do. It's sooo difficult to realize when you're thinking in a negative manner, and it's even more difficult to actually change that thinking. But once you do change, the results can be extraordinary. 

Of course, simply changing my thinking didn't magically do the report for me. It still took a while. There were times when I wanted to just give up. But in the end I pushed through, and I'm pretty proud of the results. Hope you like it too!

Here's a link to the report if you want to read it.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Who Code Summer Camp

Summer of Stuff (Photo Journal!)